Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grandpa Munk





My grandpa Munk is an amazing man. He has taught me so much, he has seen so much in his life time. He will be 96 this coming November. He currently resides at the Terrace in Logan Utah. Up until a few years ago he was still at home. However his sense of humor and love for life is a great attribute to his long life. When he first arrived at the Terrace, we would go visit him. He would push his call button and say watch this. Then he would laugh and say to the nurse that would soon arrive in his room. I am ok. He would joke that he had first rate service. That joke has now warn off. However, his sense of humor is still pretty good. At one time we were visiting and I asked how he was. He said pretty good for an Ole, man. I would say well we would like to keep you around for at least 5 more years with that good attitude. He then said, "What did I do to You". then he would laugh. He is also known to tease the nurses a little too.

I have been thinking alot about how much I have learned from my grandparents lately. And I decided to focus on my grandpa Munk this week.

With all that life has thrown our way I wonder what my Grandpa Munk would have done if he was faced with it? Grandpa is a great man, he has lived a good life. He was a hard worker and loved to be on the farm. He raised his family on a dairy farm. I remember from time to time going as a young girl to his home and having milk directly out of the milk tanks. As well as running around the farm playing in the hay and closed corrals playing hide and seek with my sisters and cousins. No wonder my kids love the farm life to play at grandpa and grandmas.

It is a fun place to be. As my kids play outside at my parents home I think of the days when I had fun. I know that the best environment for kids is a farm. It teaches them hard work and a great work ethic.
Which my grandpa passed on to my father. I am grateful to both of them for their example.
And what a blessing to have my children learn from both of them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment