Friday, August 7, 2015

Preparing for School to Start:


   This week Addy has been more open to talk about school starting. She is telling me daily "I do not want to go all day to school, mom" She really is excited to get back into learning. She also is nervous for starting with a "New" teacher. She is one that craves routine, routine. So starting with a new teacher will take her a few...... weeks to get into the groove pattern with. I am grateful for her desire to learn.

   One thing we have found with Addy, she does not do well in large crowds. This includes shopping. THANK GOODNESS< for online shopping.. Addy and I spent an hour or so shopping to purchase school clothes. She even made sure Rylee and Stockton got a few :) She is so funny,  she wants to make sure they are thought of...She also made sure her and Rylee had a matching outfit. :)

   Rylee is really also talking about learning. "I want to read, mom" This is something that I find hard to not want to encourage... Addy is still struggling, and I feel that If we start Rylee, she will for sure pass up Addy... So we read together at night. Sometimes, Rylee chooses a book.. Addy is not really wanting to read at all. However, then after we get started.... Addy loves it! I have enjoyed reading with them.

   Kevin, spends every Monday and Every other Tuesday with them all day. Then every afternoon he picks them up at the babysitters at 2-5. This is time he of course makes sure they have fun.. Their tradition has been alot... of snow cones this year.:)
They also go to the park, ride bikes and go shopping.. Kevin has become a bargain, coupon shopper. He has a strong desire to make sure he reads the smiths ad every week. (In fact if he doesn't see it... LOL he is upset that he didn't get to) It has been fun to see the deals he finds..

      This weekend I am on call for work. Which, means I get to stay close, and spend time in the area. Its nice to be close and spend time in the home, organizing, washing walls or just playing games together...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment