Saturday, March 20, 2010

What is life really all about........

I have been thinking allot lately. What is this life we have on earth all about? We hear in church the textbook answers...... its a test, it is to prepare to live with our heavenly father again. It is a chance we have to spend time on earth with our families so we can return to our father in heaven with our eternal family.
If you look up the definition family in the dictionary it says: A group of individuals living under one roof usually under one head. OK I thought that makes sense but that really doesn't describe what a family is. So I read on. The next definition was : the basic unit in society traditionally consisting of two parents rearing their children. OK so this is not reality these days. If you look there are allot of families that are not traditional. My step children have five set of grandparents. My husband was divorced previously and has three children from his previous marriage. We have one together. The visits with the three children are not as many as we would like due to distance. However, our Heavenly Father has blessed us with a reassurance that angels are round about and protecting them. Zach my husbands 8 year old passed away last year and the importance of family really hit home more. We miss him every day and the time that we had with him was so short on earth. So again I thought what is life really all about...

Life is about FAMILY. We all need to treat each other with love and kindness. At times it is difficult for everyone to understand that FAMILY is extended at times. FAMILY for us is all of the people that make up the unit. And that when you are blessed with blended family's such as ours you are blessed with love that you need for each child. I love my three step children as if they were my own. They are a joy in our lives and my husband and I wish we lived closer to spend more time with them and to have the experiences in their lives. Such as school events, church events, ball games etc. We miss out on that and it is hard. But we know that our family relationships here on earth are continued in heaven. IF we live in such a way that we are able to return in that eternal unit. FAMILY is also the strongest support we have. I have always said that in life for sure we have people that influence our lives that are notbiologically, not part of our family tree. However, because of their influence in our lives they are part of us. They are FAMILY. They are a branch on our tree.
I am so grateful for everyone that is our FAMILY and apart of us. Kevin and I are so blessed to have our support system which we call our FAMILY. Each and everyone of you know who you are and we love you.
Our biological family members thank you... Your support us is a strength. We love each of you and are so grateful to have you a part of our extended family here on earth.

Lets all strive to Love one another. To be a little kinder, to not speak harsh words. To think of others as our Heavenly Father would think of them. We are all here on earth TOGETHER. Lets make it a trip worth wanting to take together...

We all love you.. Life is really about that family and Love.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah. I love your quote "Life is about FAMILY." So so so true. Wish more people really understood this concept. Thanks for writing such a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very true and I wish we would all remember it each and every day!

    ReplyDelete